AMP suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list
I looked at it and it does sound like a good buy. Thanks man preciate it. Now idk if you saw my other question is that if an amp says that it does 500w×2 @4ohms can i still only use 1 ch oit of the 2 and still get 500w. Noob question i know

I looked at it and it does sound like a good buy. Thanks man preciate it. Now idk if you saw my other question is that if an amp says that it does 500w×2 @4ohms can i still only use 1 ch oit of the 2 and still get 500w. Noob question i know
Depends on the amplifier. If id does a 500x2 @4 ohms them Yes you can use one of the 2 ch on one sub the other ch on the other sub and run each 4 ohm sub of each ch. Some amplifier brand Over rate the true wattage RMS.

I just helped a relative put in a CT Sounds 400, and it performs very well. That 1000 watt looks like a great price. Honestly they all look like great prices for what you get. I paid that for 200w of flea market power back in the day.

I just helped a relative put in a CT Sounds 400, and it performs very well. That 1000 watt looks like a great price. Honestly they all look like great prices for what you get. I paid that for 200w of flea market power back in the day.
I have 2 2ks and the 150x4 and the EQ and a pair of Bio 6.5s. All are great gear for the money. Great customer service too.All those Mono amps can be strapped.. even the little 400. Havent tried the 2ks yet.. will do this coming summer

Power is cheap these days for sure.Deff couldnt touch an amp with any of the power dollar for dollar these days. yet.. I have had a couple other brands not last long and its cheaper to buy another than repair. Most my older 20 year amps still work great and parts fairly cheap to repair.

I have 2 2ks and the 150x4 and the EQ and a pair of Bio 6.5s. All are great gear for the money. Great customer service too.All those Mono amps can be strapped.. even the little 400. Havent tried the 2ks yet.. will do this coming summer

Yeah I seen it looked like it was strappable when wiring it up. Looking at the prices today, I could have gotten a 2000w amp for the price of 400w worth of cheapo amps I bought new.

I haven't had any newer amps personally, that CT400 is the newest I've heard in a long time, but was impressive for it's size. I'm using an old Rockford 800a2 for door speakers, and a Soundstream PCA2000D for sub(s), nothing special but it works, somewhat older gear.

I guess time will tell on the reliability / longevity of the newer stuff, but seems decent enough at the price.

Yeah I seen it looked like it was strappable when wiring it up. Looking at the prices today, I could have gotten a 2000w amp for the price of 400w worth of cheapo amps I bought new.

I haven't had any newer amps personally, that CT400 is the newest I've heard in a long time, but was impressive for it's size. I'm using an old Rockford 800a2 for door speakers, and a Soundstream PCA2000D for sub(s), nothing special but it works, somewhat older gear.

I guess time will tell on the reliability / longevity of the newer stuff, but seems decent enough at the price.
I really like to run the old Autoteks.. BTS and Mean Machines. Its hard to pull like the USA US Acoustics 2150s off the fronts and trynew. They sound really nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...