amp stays on even when car is off?

I wired mine through the 10 amp radio fuse with an in-line adapter. Power for the radio turns off when the ignition is off but power to the amp stays on. Not sure what to do. Installing a switch sounds good, since the car is still tore apart.
Wire to Accessory @the fuse panel. Should work On/OFF by Ignition

Well the fuse option is assuming that the remote is bad. But my concern was that the power light was on when the car was off, and the remote was disconnected and the protection light went on. this was when my car was off, so im assuming neither of these should happen when the car is off? Also i was considering the switch thing but im not too familiar with that. How would i install a switch? Seems like a cool little addition lol
Provided that your amp is wired properly, your amp is turned on and off with a small transistor. If the transistor is bad it will not shut off.

Last edited:
No the head unit provides the source signal (the music) and can turn on the amp...the hu absolutely does not power the amp itself though...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...