amp stays on even when car is off?

I didnt look into it with a whole lot of detail, but maybe the remote was touching the power wire at the time of removal, causing the protection light but i didnt have a lot of time, so i just came to work... The switch goes on the remote wire? Hopefully its just a matter of rewiring the amp, but ill have to check in more detail
Well do some more research first. It is probably something simple. And yes, that would be if you connected to a live wire, then you could stop the signal whenever you wanted. I did something like that a long time ago on a fan I had on my amp.

Well do some more research first. It is probably something simple. And yes, that would be if you connected to a live wire, then you could stop the signal whenever you wanted. I did something like that a long time ago on a fan I had on my amp.
Well the only live wire i can think of would be the power wire and the remote wire from HU to amp. The power battery from the amp seems a bit complicated, considering its 1/0 lol

just wire the remote into the radio fuse if you dont wanna run it to the HU again. the stereo fuse turns on the amp when your stereo turns on. i ran mine off that fuse for about a year and a half and then i took the system out. thats your easiest bet on the remote.

just wire the remote into the radio fuse if you dont wanna run it to the HU again. the stereo fuse turns on the amp when your stereo turns on. i ran mine off that fuse for about a year and a half and then i took the system out. thats your easiest bet on the remote.
the radio fuse on the fuse panel or the fuse on the HU? Hopefully its only a matter of securing my connections on the amp. Ugh this week has been full of headaches...

i always just bought a wire splic and tied into the cig lighter if my hu amp turn on doesnt work.. its easier to me then running into fuse box .
I tried to do that once because the constant on my car wasnt working so i took it from the HU and tried to do the lighter but couldnt figure it out. Im pretty unfamiliar with this stuff but i do what i can.

After troubleshooting, i secured my remote wire, so its not touching anything else. The amp did not stay on after the car was off. Silly me, i just Left a little hair of the remote sticking out, probably touching power. Hope this was it. Thanks for all the input!

Hi im trying to figure out why my amp turns on when stereo is on then turns off when stereo is on i double checked all my wiring even went throught the process of unhooking everything and still same results also i have it hooked up to a rca adapter thing because im running my stock stereo please help

Hi im trying to figure out why my amp turns on when stereo is on then turns off when stereo is on i double checked all my wiring even went throught the process of unhooking everything and still same results also i have it hooked up to a rca adapter thing because im running my stock stereo please help
You should start your own thread, and put in some more detail.

What amp is it? How is it hooked up, and to what?
Turns off: right away, when you crank it up high, after a while of it playing high?

I wired mine through the 10 amp radio fuse with an in-line adapter. Power for the radio turns off when the ignition is off but power to the amp stays on. Not sure what to do. Installing a switch sounds good, since the car is still tore apart.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...