Amp Sounds and Smoking?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

DavWebb76

CarAudio.com Newbie
Utah
Hey I had recently gone from an Alpine S a60m powering my 8w7 to an Alpine X a90m and it worked great the first two startups but when I got in my car last time the sub or amp was not working correctly. I turned my car off and on again and heard a nasty crunching noise! The light on the top of the new amp was red so I checked the fuses on the block and the online fuse to the battery and they are all good. I made sure that the amplifier body was not damaged or grounding itself out on any stray wires or seat rails and it was all fine! I decided to record myself starting it up again and you can see it starts up but then crackles, turns red, then smokes. Hopefully the video attached correctly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

The formula is Square Root of your target Wattage Multiplied by Ohms. 50Wx4Ohms=200. Square root of 200 is 14.14. So 15v AC is your target.
You will need a wiring kit too so a little over budget. Depending on if you're going to build on this with an additional amp for rears and a sub...
This may be an option for you as well. Im sure Amazon has them on theyre site also to be purchased. Great amps...
It may be that they act like this because they are underpowered and the push to play them louder is causing the amp to clip the signal, which will...

About this thread

DavWebb76

CarAudio.com Newbie
DavWebb76
Utah
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from