AMP Shopping, assistance needed.

RainStryke
10+ year member

Kansas
I'm looking for a cheap but decent amp for this:

Kicker - Competition Series 15" Single-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Subwoofer - C154

I know it's nothing crazy, but it's cheap and I just need something that can provide something around 250w RMS... I checked out the Kicker ZX400.1 but it's still pretty expensive. Wondering if someone here could point me in a direction towards a good AMP for pretty cheap.

This was the cheapest thing I could find, not sure if it's a good AMP though:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38453_Cadence-XAH300.1b-Black.html

Is Cadence a bad company?
The fuse rating seems to suggest that it will do rated, so it can't be all that bad. I'd continue looking for your sub, tho. I have a buddy who has kicker 12" comps and I'm not too impressed. And he is actually running them off an older cadence model(not sure if it's mono, tho). Do a google search for the model you're looking at + "review" and see if anyone has any opinions. I'm sure there are other people who are looking. Hope that helps.

OP the single Voice Coil on that sub is making it hard to get good power for the cheaps.

Do you already own the sub? If not get a Dual Voice Coil so you can have a 2 ohm load

I went with a Audiobahn AW1571T for $50 through sonic... I tried that store VMInnovations. Everything seemed a bit more expensive. That promo code wouldn't work for me.

My old school Lanzar will make that sub move..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif..zed audio!

045e4077.jpg

Thanks everyone for your responses. Nice collection of AMP's GVP. Ended up getting an Alpine MRP M500 for the amp @ $120 a few days ago... Kinda wish I saw that refurbished Cadence amp earlier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.