amp selection help

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrnisbet

so i want to get some input or ideas on amps that might work for my set up i have 4 mtx 9500 15's with dual 4 ohm voice coils i have 2 JL 1000-1 amps the system was built about 5 years ago for SPL . i am looking for more efficient amps to make power with from talking to JL guys and Guys that have run JL priducts they say that it is hard to make power with those amps everything i have heard they are around 60-65 % efficient i have been looking into Hifonics colossus amp being that there 86 % any words of advise ???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Pretty much. It's just a nice kit. A solo rite Scarlett 2i2, XLR mic and a loop back cable are my next purchases so I can get accurate phase...
I was looking at a stinger spp680 but i worry its not enough for 1300 watts. The company site says it is. I see other sites saying onky up to 800...
It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...
NVX MVPA1 Best tiny amp Installed a bunch, but have one pushing a sealed 12 @ 2ohm in my daily beater Can bump it all day long and barely gets...
Amp
This tested well on youtube - not familiar with the brand but it is a pretty standard china build house amplifier...

About this thread

mrnisbet

mrnisbet
lancaster , ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
mrnisbet