Amp Repair

Amp Repair Center. I've spent thousands there. Scott has fixed over 50 amps for me. Great guy to deal with. I'm willing to bet he's one of the best in the country as well.

I've been wanting to try Zed lately. I know they do great work.
Apparently you didn't see the hack job that Steve's monkeys performed on this dude's rare Phoenix gold amplifiers. They cut the legs on the old opamps and soldered the new opamp to the cut legs. They also didn't package his amplifiers correctly resulting in numerous dings and scratches that ruined the show quality of the pieces. Another result of their shoddy packaging was a broken power/ground connector.

I would link you to the thread but it has been taken down on phoenixphorum.com.

Apparently you didn't see the hack job that Steve's monkeys performed on this dude's rare Phoenix gold amplifiers. They cut the legs on the old opamps and soldered the new opamp to the cut legs. They also didn't package his amplifiers correctly resulting in numerous dings and scratches that ruined the show quality of the pieces. Another result of their shoddy packaging was a broken power/ground connector.
that sux

really? d@mn i was considering sending them one of my amps for small repair. oh well, i can live with my issue, its not visible anyway and still functions 100%

I saw that. The only good thing is the guy said that Stephen was taking care of him but I am not sure what that entailed since it would be very difficult to replace those amplifiers or even the parts.

**** like this is what damages a company's reputation. Your allegations have no solid proof, so why make them? All you do is make Zed look bad and people with no will power to use a search button will believe you. Unless you've had a bad experience with a company yourself, how can you possibly validate a story with no proof? I'm not trying to defend Zed personally, but all amplifier repair companies.

**** like this is what damages a company's reputation. Your allegations have no solid proof, so why make them? All you do is make Zed look bad and people with no will power to use a search button will believe you. Unless you've had a bad experience with a company yourself, how can you possibly validate a story with no proof? I'm not trying to defend Zed personally, but all amplifier repair companies.
They guy provided pretty solid proof in the thread. Of course anything can be faked on the internet but I would say it was credible.

I don't see a thread. If it's gone, it's gone.......

What if I posted in this thread, a hacked up amp that i did myself and blamed DB-r? Would everyone believe me? I'd sure hope not. Just as someone saying "(insert amp repair company name here) ****ed up my buddy's amp and hacked it up and it got banged up on this forum with no link or thread or anything is unbelievable.

I don't see a thread. If it's gone, it's gone.......
What if I posted in this thread, a hacked up amp that i did myself and blamed DB-r? Would everyone believe me? I'd sure hope not. Just as someone saying "(insert amp repair company name here) ****ed up my buddy's amp and hacked it up and it got banged up on this forum with no link or thread or anything is unbelievable.
Then feel free to not believe him.

Uh, I could post the photos, but I would violate my TOS with a private forum that I happen to be a member of. They are not allegations and the thread was taken down on phoenixphorum due to Mantz and the amplifier owner coming to an agreement.

Uh, I could post the photos, but I would violate my TOS with a private forum that I happen to be a member of. They are not allegations and the thread was taken down on phoenixphorum due to Mantz and the amplifier owner coming to an agreement.
So I guess photos are proof too? Dude your missing my point. Your spreading bad things about a company without a personal experience or proof.

Amp medics looks like a bunch of hacks. They're website ***** and they have had my friends amps for 3 years and never fixed it. No one should send their amps there.....

Now I've never even dealt with them. But just because of that paragraph, would you not send your amps to them? You might send them but everyone else that reads that is going to be discouraged. I mean I could totally understand it if you had proof but christ, there are people out there trying to make a living.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.