Amp recomendations for Pheonix Gold RSD6.5 Comps

RoachForLife
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
Actually on a budget but wanted to see what everyone wh o has more knowledge on the subject than myself thought for amping these things.

Also a dumb question but if I get a 2chan amp, I can still use my headunit to power my stock rear speakers?

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300203527031&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110230151239&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Profile-AP1000-2-Channel-Car-Amplifier-Low_W0QQitemZ230229700983QQihZ013QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a set of rsd6.5 comps and have been giving them 120w a side and have been looking at those same budget amps to give them a little more power. And yes you can run your rears off of headunit power, which is also what im doing although they are so much quieter than the amped rsd's so i think its pointless.

How are you powering the tweeters? I suppose I could get more channels for the amp and some rear coaxs. Im just worried as the money will keep adding up, lol

the rsd tweeters? they are being powered through the crossover that comes with the rsd's along with the mid's.

You could get some coax's for the back but based on my experience and many others here they really arent necessary. If you havent heard a setup that is running a well installed and powered front stage and no rears you will be surprised at how unneeded rear speakers can be. I would try without first and if you still think something is missing you can add them later.

i'd say get any quality amp that does a good 150+ watts per side at 4 ohms. they will take pretty much anything you would ever want to throw at them.

Actually on a budget but wanted to see what everyone wh o has more knowledge on the subject than myself thought for amping these things.
Also a dumb question but if I get a 2chan amp, I can still use my headunit to power my stock rear speakers?

Thanks
Any amp that'll push 100-150 per channel of clean power will do just fine. Oh, and ditch the rear speakers. Rear speakers just ruin your staging and they'll be nothing but unwanted noise anyway once you get your RSD's hooked up.

Any amp that'll push 100-150 per channel of clean power will do just fine. Oh, and ditch the rear speakers. Rear speakers just ruin your staging and they'll be nothing but unwanted noise anyway once you get your RSD's hooked up.
x2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.