Amp rack build (pics)

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
Thought I'd share my MDF woodworking skills to showoff what I can do. This particular project took approx a week to build working on it a little atta time. I finished it up yesterday early afternoon. This cost me nothing to build...had a large piece of MDF leftover. This is going under the rear seat of my Tahoe. The amps I'm using is in my sig.

Lots of views but no comments //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif:crap://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif:crap: Just gotta drill the holes for the wiring/RCA's and the rack will be wrapped in enterior matched vinyl.

port orchard(bremerton area)
i was just up in Everett not long ago either.
Ah ok. My grandparents used to live in Chico....small town near Silverdale so Bremerton isn't too far away from it. I havent been there in yrs so I wonder whats still standing...

Ah ok. My grandparents used to live in Chico....small town near Silverdale so Bremerton isn't too far away from it. I havent been there in yrs so I wonder whats still standing...
the dirt field and the few schools lol.

yeah i work literally down the road from chico(by the naval hospital)

Looks good. I want to do something like that in my Avalanche but I will have to flush mount the amps. How much space will you have between the amps and bottom of the seats?

Looks good. I want to do something like that in my Avalanche but I will have to flush mount the amps. How much space will you have between the amps and bottom of the seats?
This had me concerned also since I know I got quite a bit of room under the rear seat. The build is minimum and at the same time maximum height just to get the eveness across after I built up the irregular shapes and so on. Test fitting and a little moddefying. SO....the seats down just barely don't touch the amps. I'm pretty confident this'll work...and I been wanting to do this for a long time now. I did this purposley to allow adequit airflow around the amps. The space between the 2 amps is prob around 12-14 inches. A distrib block will be in the middle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.