Amp Question... Help plz!

rick817

Ok, so I have a Hifonics Brutus 2400.1 amp pushing a soundqued Hdc3 12" and it has been playing fine when all of a sudden today it cut off then I heard weird noises from my amp. Could my amp be blown?? Or could it be something else? The power light still comes on when I turn on the car. Any help would be appreciated.

Check all your wires... Positive ground on all connections... Also when it kicked back on did it play music... Check your remote wire too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it completely turn off, or does the protect light come on? And you heard weird noises from the amp, or through the sub?
Completely shuts off but the power light is still on, the protection light is off. And yes, the amp was the one making the noise. Last night it came back on all of a sudden then I turned it up and cut back off.

Check your rca input on your amp I had an amp back in the day that inputs went bad on had to fiddle with it to make it play music

Take the cover off the amp and look at the internals.... Take a couple good pics and post them up.... I've had issues similar in the past but mine ended up being my remote wire from headunit to amp was bad I ran a new wire and it was good as new...

So I hooked up a friends 600watt amp and it worked. Finally some sound from my sub! So I took it off and connected mine again and it the power light turns green and kinda flickers a bit but finally stays on, but I still don't have any sound coming from my subs when I connect mine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.