Amp Power

Participant count
  • Participant list

wanna
10+ year member

Seattle
Not sure if I need a bigger amp. I have a Kicker amp 4 x 35 RMS, this gives my 60 RMS Aura comps adequate volume. But, I will be hooking up some 6 1/2 subs, rated at 80 RMS. Given that I don't listen at really high volume levels will my current amp be sufficient or willl I need a bigger amp for nice tight bass. Not looking to rattle the car, just good sound quality at reasonable volumes.

Is there any advantage to getting a bigger amp if I don't listen to music really loud?

wow you are underpowering your Auras by soo much! i would get a bigger amp. I think that would bring them to life. umm maybe some aura owners would like to chime in.

wow you are underpowering your Auras by soo much! i would get a bigger amp. I think that would bring them to life. umm maybe some aura owners would like to chime in.
So, what your saying is that with a bigger amp and at my moderate volume level, the music would sound even better. If this is the case, I would get a bigger amp. But, if it's only to have clearer sound at really loud levels, then no.

Right now, I don't have the benefit of comparing amps. Even with my 35 watts the Auras sound great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.