Amp/power help

Participant count
  • Participant list

mat3833
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
florida
I'm in the testing phase of getting my system back in the jetta. Wires are everywhere, there is no substage installed, but the front stage is in and I'm making adjustments to the tweeter/midrange position. I feel like I'm lacking power compared to my old setup of MB Quart 218.61 comps and a Zed Mikro IV or even the Hertz ML 1650.3 and 280.3 running on the quart crossovers. The new setup doesn't have the same volume or clarity.

Front stage consists of a helix Msix and hertz 3 way. Channels 1 and 2 are powering a MLK 700.3 set high passed at 250hz. The remaining 4 channels are bridged, 3+4 are powering the right 1650.3 and 5+6 are powering the left. Midbass performance is pretty good, but less than I expected, and the midrange/tweeters sound great, but lack the volume of the Quarts. I normally set my gains by ear, but I'm going to pull out my multimeter and see what kind of power I'm getting at current settings. I also plan to build pods for my midbass and switch to a set of Anarchy 4 ohm drivers in the future.

I'm looking at getting either a pair of 4ch amps or a single monster 4ch. I'm leaning towards the smaller 4ch amps for the added "benefit" of channel seperation. I'm looking at the CT sounds 140.4, the alpine Pdx 4chs, the Down 4 sound JP234 and the Arc audio KS 300.4. I also saw the Sundown SFB 500.4 and 1000.4 that would have tons of power for a single amp setup. Trying to stick with small footprint class D amps since space is at a bit of a premium.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...