1k @ 4 ohms

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrFoca

CarAudio.com Veteran
MD
Ok guys looking for a 2 channel that will give me around 1000 watts give or take bridged @4. Been looking around and some amps claim 1200 but the fuses claim otherwise. So what's some amps that are good & will deliver true power. Have a AQ 1200D on the sub now but it's only a single 4 ohm coil so it's seeing 510 rated from AQ. And it takes it like a champ.

For high 4 ohm power I always look for ppi a 1200 ' s or soundstream tra560.2 tra800.2 tra1000.2 or the tra1600.2. The soundstream amps put out great clean power

For high 4 ohm power I always look for ppi a 1200 ' s or soundstream tra560.2 tra800.2 tra1000.2 or the tra1600.2. The soundstream amps put out great clean power
I was asking about some soundstream amps yesterday and someone said they were not up to par. I was looking at a few and yes I agree more power in reserve for later would not be bad. Was looking at the rubicon and some of the tarantula line amps.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

I was asking about some soundstream amps yesterday and someone said they were not up to par. I was looking at a few and yes I agree more power in reserve for later would not be bad. Was looking at the rubicon and some of the tarantula line amps.

Buying a sub that can wire to 1 ohm would be cheaper than buying a new amp. Wiring to 4 ohms + rise you are probably feeding your sub ~200watts.
True. I'm am in the hunt for a new sub with DVC. That's why I have been looking for a 1500 DD DVC ,mine is SVC.

I have 2k at 4 ohm if u are interested? Us amps ax2000
Thanks, but that's to big. Nice amp tho. My buddy used to run 4 of those years ago. But I always have friends looking so what are you asking for it ?

Which sub or amp ? I'm looking for a 1508 if you are asking sub wise.
Maybe something comparable? Sundown SA8v2 dual 2 are dirt cheap in the yardsale and very nicely priced for a "refurbished" unit, Tantrick MD-8 is a bit more expensive but worth it IMO, American Bass VFL8 can be found fairly cheap, of maybe even a Type R 8(no idea how much they cost).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.