amp not getting power

exodus5139
10+ year member

Cali
I just installed my subs and head unit today and the head unit works great bit the amp isnt getting power for some reason. I connected the amp power cable to the pos terminal on the battery, is this the right place, or can you think of anything else that might be hooked up wrong?

It's one of several things ...
1) Bad ground

2) No/Blown fuse on power wire

3) No/Blown fuse in amplifier

4) Remote wire not connected to head unit/amp

5) Power wire not connected to positive terminal on battery

6) Amplifier is blown
A few questions about these. One, How do you check to see if the amp/amp fuse is blown? Two, what color is the wire that the remote wire hooks up to? Three, what would a bad ground be?

I dont think my head unit has a remote wire, the only blue wire is a blue/white stripe and it is the power antenna wire.

That is your remote wire. It is used to put up the power ant when you turn on your HU. You will have to connect that wire to the remote terminal on your amp. Then your amp will power on when the HU is on.

Some HU offer 2 different remote wires. One for the power ant, and the other for amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.