Amp Mounting Location

So I got the board done I will mount my amp to. I used my laptop as a reference, my laptop is only .25" bigger than what the DC website says is the width for the 2.0k. Anyone think I will have excursion clearance issues? The DC is not here to measure, so I don't know for sure what the exact width is. If someone has one and could take a quick measurement I would really appreciate it. But with that extra .25", there should be almost exactly 1" between the amp and the edge of the surround.

Picture is attached to show what I mean, sorry for the crappy quality.

View attachment 26534813

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I thought you had two amps?? What happened to the wood that you were going to have H.depot cut out?? Looks different to me for some reason. Do you...
No need to bypass the amp. Most use an LOC that takes the full amped signal and turns it into a flat RCA level signal. Here is the newest I have...
It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...
NVX MVPA1 Best tiny amp Installed a bunch, but have one pushing a sealed 12 @ 2ohm in my daily beater Can bump it all day long and barely gets...
Amp
This tested well on youtube - not familiar with the brand but it is a pretty standard china build house amplifier...

About this thread

gckless

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
gckless
San Antonio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date