Amp kit help!!!

I have 2 12" Audiobahns that are 1000W R.M.S and a 2400W amp and I was told that a 4 gauge amp kit would be the best for my system. I can only find 4 gauge kits with 4 gauge power, and ground wires and the speaker wire is always 16 gauge. My question is do I need 4 gauge speaker wire also? Also should I buy a capacitor?

Input will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Nope you don't need 4 gauge speaker wire. 16 gauge or 12 gauge should work just fine unless your going to have a very long run from the amp to the subs. And if your amp truly puts out that kind of power 4gauge may not be heavy enough depending upon the length of the run from your battery to your amplifier. And as for the cap wait and install everything first. If you have slight dimming of your lights it will help you. If your lights really dim or flash your going to need more along the lines of an alternator rewind. Or a new alternator. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ramos has a good point i would use the 4 gauge wire and go from there you should be fine with that my friend has a setup similar to yours and he is using 4 gauge wire and he doesnt need a cap. either..

good luck hope your stuff pounds

You guys were right thx a lot for all the help. I am so amazed how hard my system hits. It pounds so hard i am very satisfied. So far I don't need a cap so I guess I can keep about 90 bucks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks a lot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.