Amp keeps cutting off

Stovall863

I have four Power Acoustik MOFO 12's running off of a 2000 watt SoundStream amp, recently the amp keeps cutting off when I hit the gas and brake pedals when the bass is barely turned up then sometimes comes right back on or not. Sometimes i'm not even driving and it will cut off and on?? I have no idea what is going on.

When you get a new amp, don't mount it to the box. Any vibration on the box will cause the internals to vibrate as well and after a long time of that happening, you stand a really good chance of causing solder joints to weaken and begin to fail.

And if the box is the only place you can mount the amp, make sure the box wall it's on is very sturdy and isolate the amp from the box with rubber grommets on the top and bottom of each mounting screw.

Make sure there aren't any loose wires inside the box shorting out, also it's generally a bad idea to mount the amp to the box due to vibration from the subs. Try a different amp in the system and if it is your amp that is the problem, try and sell it on Craigslist for cheap. If possible, don't mount the amp to your box next time, get a small chunk of plywood or MDF or something and attach it to there. I use screws long enough to go through the amp mounts, through the wood, and just poke through the bottom of the wood a little bit so it doesn't slide around in the trunk. Good luck man!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.