amp issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

robert420
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
geneva ne
I recently purchased a crescendo symphony mono block amp along with a 10" audiopipe sub. It worked great at first. Then I noticed it would cut out in the morning when its cold. After 10-20 mins of running it at low volume it would go away. Now it isn't doing anything. Checked the fuses. Remote wire, and leads and found nothing. Is there a chance it could be blown? Its almost brand new and hasn't been abused at all

Ok you need to try to isolate which component is having the issue. Unplug the rca's from the amp. Plug in a rca to headphone cable. Use an iPod or phone to play music and adjust volume See if same problem happens. If so its the amp. If not either rcas or deckb

I didn't buy it brand new. I opened it, didn't look like anything is out of place. I know its not a grounding issue. I took two short pieces of wire and it still came up red

I didn't buy it brand new. I opened it, didn't look like anything is out of place. I know its not a grounding issue. I took two short pieces of wire and it still came up red
Did you scrap off the paint where you did ground it? has to be a good connection, also, check your power wire all the way to amp, including the fuse holder, i have had a lot of problems in that area before. make sure it all comes out to a good voltage with the car on and off.

Could be a blown sub shorting out the amp and putting it into protect. Does it go into protect with the sub disconnected? I had an MTX 5500 years ago that died the same way you describe.

I I have said before. I took 2 short leads of 4 gauge wire and put them both straight to the battery. It still goes into protect

I I have said before. I took 2 short leads of 4 gauge wire and put them both straight to the battery. It still goes into protect
Sounds like amp is fried..Prob power supply.Either replace with another amp or get it repaired

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.