amp is really frustrating me

wire the sub lower and see if it still does it...(sorry i mean higher) not at 2

i bet that stops your issue. something not right with the amp im sure

in response to the last 2 posts... the amp is 2ohm stable. i dont think i need to change it to 4. then i wont be getting all the power i want.

and its a new amp, i dont think i should have to adjust myself to the amp. i should be able to adjust the amp to my preferences with no problem

BB off. Sounds like voltage is dropping to low "during these heavy bass notes" thus making amp go into protect. Messing with fire bro..... One day that amps not gonna come back out of protect....

i messed with the settings. turning the BB down did allow my volume to go higher without the amp resetting.

but also i watched my caps digital read-out, and my dash battery gauge. neither of them droped below 13.8

heres my problem :my kicker ZX 750.1 shuts off and and resets then immediately turns back on. i have noticed that this problem doesn't occur at high volumes, it occurs with hard hitting bass notes. so it will do it when the volume ranges from 6-20 (out of 40) my gain is currently set about half, and bass boost at 3/4

here is my setup :

brand new kicker ZX 750.1

1 month old kicker ZX 650.4

2 farad sound quest capacitor

a couple month old kicker solobaric L7 dual 4ohm wired to 2ohms

pioneer door speakers

and a combination of 3 different 4gauge wires ( Monster, Kicker, and Fosgate )

ps. i ran all the same setup before with a ZX550.2 instead of the 750.1. I had the gain and bass boost backed off just a hair, and there was no problem

EDIT: this can occur 2 seconds after turning the amp on, it doesnt require a period of time
i had the same problem with my wifes zx1000.1 gain is half way. it only does it on really hard punch notes tho. mines probly just volt spikes, but yea hers does the same thing. she has no cap or batt and on a stock alt

Ok bro if ur going to come in asking for advice learn to listen and take it....

Go and buy a distribution block to properly split your power wire they are dirt cheap

Second turn your bass boost off completely

Set your gains correctly with a Dmm there are plenty of threads here showing how to do it

Your voltage is dropping way too low and you are. Clipping your amp

You don't need a bigger alt just upgrade your battery to am agm style with atleast 35ah and do the big 3 again there is a tutorial here on how to do the same big 3

i had the same problem with my wifes zx1000.1 gain is half way. it only does it on really hard punch notes tho. mines probly just volt spikes, but yea hers does the same thing. she has no cap or batt and on a stock alt
glad im not the only one

Set bass on your deck to zero, subwoofer adjustment to max, set head unit to max volume you listen to, play a 50hz test tone on repeat, set your multimeter to AC and unplug your sub. Put the + and - leads on the amp terminals and slowly raise the gain until you get to 38.7 volts or as close as you can without going over.

Get your tone here

Realm of Excursion

after your done dont turn the bass up on the deck and dont use the boost on the amp. Try not to go over the volume you set it for either.

Good luck.

Set bass on your deck to zero, subwoofer adjustment to max, set head unit to max volume you listen to, play a 50hz test tone on repeat, set your multimeter to AC and unplug your sub. Put the + and - leads on the amp terminals and slowly raise the gain until you get to 38.7 volts or as close as you can without going over.
Get your tone here

Realm of Excursion

after your done dont turn the bass up on the deck and dont use the boost on the amp. Try not to go over the volume you set it for either.

Good luck.
i dont have a subwoofer output on my headunit, but i do keep my bass at 0.

why exactly 38.7v? and why 50hz?

my box is tuned to 33hz

i dont have a subwoofer output on my headunit, but i do keep my bass at 0.why exactly 38.7v? and why 50hz?

my box is tuned to 33hz
38.7 is the voltage your amp will put out when producing 750w@50hz and the frequency is just the general one used to adjust a amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.