Amp is keep blowing my fuzes.

put the red probe on the negative of the battery....then touch ur ground location...and set the dmm to ohm....u dont want anything higher then i think .3

sounds like u could have a bad ground

also...what size is your power wire....and how big are the fuses on the amp?

If you are sure all your wiring is good then i'm afraid it sounds like the power supply in your amp is blown if it is nuking the fuses the second you put them into the amp. If it blows fuses when the amp gets remote turn on power then the problem is most likely in the output section. If the fuses blow as soon as you put them into the amp(no remote turn on power applied) then the power supply has some shorted fets or a blown reverse polarity protection diode. When the fets in the power supply short the power and ground terminals are essentially connected together through the blown fets which is why the fuses are blowing so fast. If its just the power supply it is a pretty easy fix for a good tech. If something in the output section is toasted too(which usually happens first and then causes the power supply to blow with it) then it can be tricky in some amps but for the most part it isn't a terrible fix either. Don't wast your time putting any more fuses into the amp.

Was the amp working ok at one point?Just started doing this out of nowhere? Have you ever hooked up the power and ground backwards? What kind of amp are we dealing with?

I do have two grounds connected to the same part of the car, could this cause anything bad? just out of curiousity.

Otherwise my wiring works great with every other amp, so I'm assuming its the power supply. Which is ******** because I got it off of craigslist in a trade, it is very possible that I blew it myself though because when I first put it in the power and ground kinda touched. Pretty pissed off, i've been working all day to get rca's and speaker wire to the front of the car then I realized the amp is ****. wooooo.

Yeah, I heard it working before I must have fucked up the amp myself. & I think I have at one point, but I have done that with my other amp and no damage was done.

Also it is an older pioneer gx something.. I forgot the model. I can check really quick if it will help. I was planning to use it for door speakers.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

You do know it is spelled F-U-S-E, right?
I was previously on my phone, I didn't know correct grammar would fix my amp.

Here is a real quick test you can do if you have a multimeter or continuity tester of some sort......... Unhook the power and ground to the amp. Now that the power and ground are unhooked put in a new fuse. Now that the new fuse is in there try taking your continuity tester/multimeter and touching one probe on the positive power terminal of the amp and one probe on the negative terminal of the amp. What measurement does that give you? Most meters have a beep for continuity or if you are just on the ohm's range are you getting a very low reading like 0,1,2,3,4,etc? If you get the continuity beep or a very low ohm reading then you definitely have a bad reverse polarity protection diode or more likely blown power supply fets if you didn't hook up the power wires backwards

Yeah, I heard it working before I must have fucked up the amp myself. & I think I have at one point, but I have done that with my other amp and no damage was done.
Also it is an older pioneer gx something.. I forgot the model. I can check really quick if it will help. I was planning to use it for door speakers.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I was previously on my phone, I didn't know correct grammar would fix my amp.
Correct grammar makes everything better.

If you connections are good then your amp is bad.

More fuses is never the answer.

Tried testing with an ohm meter & it starts out giving me the lower readings then gradually goes up, then about after 4 it jumps up to around 15.

Any idea whats going on?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.