amp instantly blows fuse on the power wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

itsblown
10+ year member

why is there smoke?
Toledo OH
yesterday I was testing another amp (not the one I use to power the subs in my car) I accidently touched the live 12 v to the rcas leading into the amp and the subs made a popping noise. I thought ohh crap but didnt think it really did anything so i plugged it into the other amp and the other amp works fine. when i go to put the power wire back into the amp boom the fuse instantly blows by the battery. I know its my sub amp because I tried testing it by replacing the fuse and unhooking it at the distribution block and the fuse didnt blow but the second my amp enters on that power line the fuse is instantly blown.

The amp is a crunch pzi 1500.1(nothing special I know) but what could cause this problem?

yeah assuming that was it... I just popped it open nothing looks burnt but then again I know nothing about what im looking at? things to check for?

bro, she's done bro. look for a new amp. lol
haha thanks for consoling me with my loss shouldnt be too bummed the amp was the most exspensive thing in my system. I paid a whopping 60 for it all of my stuff is pretty much poopy hand downs from my brother but it constantly ******* up is what made me learn allot more and get on here soo thinking about ripping the entire thing out and starting fressh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.