Amp Installation / Old School Amp / Cheater Amp Help?

Looks like my dad had it bridged.

But at the same time he said he does not remember if the amp works as he thinks it burnt out. so I will try it out and if not then i will just use the Kenford. If not then the optimus.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks to all of you

Looks like my dad had it bridged.

But at the same time he said he does not remember if the amp works as he thinks it burnt out. so I will try it out and if not then i will just use the Kenford. If not then the optimus.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks to all of you

Looks like my dad had it bridged.But at the same time he said he does not remember if the amp works as he thinks it burnt out. so I will try it out and if not then i will just use the Kenford. If not then the optimus.

GL to you :)

The 100 is barely under rated, and when I say barely, I mean just that. These things are to sightly regulated, there's but 1 watt of difference from 12v to 14.4v. These amps will do 2 ohms bridged. To do so, have it in a very wide open spot, or have a fan on it. LANZAR made a fan pack for these for that reason. But yes, they WILL do 2 ohms mono all day long. THD is .002% at 4 ohms stereo.

I don't know why people think that these are cheater amps. They're not. That's why I brought to light it's output. I believe that it's its Opti coupling that makes these amps sound so much more powerful then they are. Put it on that sub, you'll be amazed if that amp works and isn't fried as your dad said it could be. If it is, let me know. I might be interested in buying it from you.

I'm a collector and user of these amps. This is my setup as we type.

IMAG0070_zpscb2f9c25.jpg

Opti150- 4 ohm stereo mids, Opti500- 2 ohms mono sub, Opti50- 4 ohms stereo tweeters.

The 100 is barely under rated, and when I say barely, I mean just that. These things are to sightly regulated, there's but 1 watt of difference from 12v to 14.4v. These amps will do 2 ohms bridged. To do so, have it in a very wide open spot, or have a fan on it. LANZAR made a fan pack for these for that reason. But yes, they WILL do 2 ohms mono all day long. THD is .002% at 4 ohms stereo.
I don't know why people think that these are cheater amps. They're not. That's why I brought to light it's output. I believe that it's its Opti coupling that makes these amps sound so much more powerful then they are. Put it on that sub, you'll be amazed if that amp works and isn't fried as your dad said it could be. If it is, let me know. I might be interested in buying it from you.

IMAG0070_zpscb2f9c25.jpg

Opti150- 4 ohm stereo mids, Opti500- 2 ohms mono sub, Opti50- 4 ohms stereo tweeters.
Nice Amp Rack Sir ...

IMAG0070_zpscb2f9c25.jpg

I will try it out. and also so I should bridge it to this sub?

and if so what gauge wire? 2,4,8?

8ga power and ground will be plenty for the 100 alone. 16ga speaker wire will be good for the wattage used. Your battery will be fin even if the amp is toast.

Cablguy, thank you. I just got it put in this past weekend. I still have some fine tuning to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.