i cant decide between these two amp please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
ok i know alot of people hate mb quart but they have always had the best sq fo my mids personally ive tried tons of other companies only one that came close was alpinex x series so, i stumbled on this clarion XH5410 and i researched it alot and now its really got my interest. its between that and the new mb quart OA800.4 which maxxsonics is claiming to be a pure sq amp for pure clean power. i already like the cleanlness of thier 4 channels so im sure ill like that one but on this clarion i guees the gentleman who designs it is like world class and reviews people really seem to like this clarion alot. i never owned a class g/h so idk what thats like anyone care to disect these to amps for me both would be run at 2 ohms on my 2 sets of polk momos who like 150rms or more id appretiate it both can be compared on sonics site.

Robert Zeff? Very nice pedigree. As far as I know the Clarions are the UBuy version of the Arc Audios. I'd go Clarion there. Always been a fan.

Or is that the G/H amps I'm thinking of? Hmm... either way. I vote Clarion.

this ones a g/h im nervous because ive never heard a g/h before dont know what to expect before i buy.

last questions of course everyones ears are different but you personally do you believe clarion 4ch trumps alpine and mb quart on sq this is generally speaking and personal opinion of course

last questions of course everyones ears are different but you personally do you believe clarion 4ch trumps alpine and mb quart on sq this is generally speaking and personal opinion of course
The Alpine and Clarion would be close. The MBQ would be a distant 3rd on my list.

Clarion XH5410 640W Max XH Series 4-Channel Amplifier

i had the alpine http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45513_Alpine-MRX-F65.html

just took that out because it made my tweeters sound like crap other than that solid amp loved it just sq was bad i believe its just the class d that caused it.

these new mb quarts are filled with fluid fet mosfets idk what that is but thats what they claim gives it unsurpassed sq i called them and tech support said it would blow my q4.150 away on sq thats a huge statement for them to make against that q amp its the only reason i havent ordered that clarion yet besides the g/h thing.

I too agree with the Clarion all the way. Those are some ****** amps their.

I should note that I am biased towards Clarion (and with good reason), but I try to be subjective as I can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.