Amp in protection mode šŸ˜©šŸ˜©

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jawon

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 1000watt audiotecka amp. That keeps going to protection when the car is turned on. I disconnected all wires from the amp. Only the Ground, remote, and battery are connected. When I disconnect and reconnect either the ground or batter there's a slight spark.
When using the multi meter it shows the battery and remote both at about 12.36v

I'm at a lost. I've tried a Rockford fosgate amp, as well as a power bass amp all had the same issue when connected to this car but no other.

Any help us greatly appreciated

If the voltage remains near or above 12v but the amp still goes into protect mode, disconnect all speaker wires from the speaker terminals of the amp and disconnect signal cables from the amp. If the amp still goes into protect, you have a bad speaker wire or the wire is shorted to chassis ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.