Amp Help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I hate to say this amp or that amp.

So I will just say. THD %, Dampening Factor, also what ever the rms on the focal's you should get a amp that does about 30% more rms so your not runnin the amp at its max just to push your speakers... cause you have more destortion at max power than at 70% power if you follow me

I like zapco amps though for nice focal speakers

I am basically looking at 2 amps right now, The Avionixx 400.2 and the DEI Viper 400.2. Would these amps suite the K2P well? They both are rated at 125x2 at 4 ohms and 200x2 at 2 ohms. Would these rating be good for the speakers?

Has anybody had any experience with JBL 80.4 as far as SQ? I was thinking of bridging in and running it at 160x2..What do you think about that as far as sound quality?

If you have the money for Focal, then you have the money for the best sounding amplifiers in the world. The undisputed champion is McIntosh. They are a little pricy, but the THD is.005% on all their amps, and the signal to noise ratio is fantastic. You cannot buy a better amp even if you had unlimited funds.(MC 404)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.