Amp help for new setup

FreeStyleKings

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey what’s up boys and girls. Used to be big into music but it’s been about 10 years, looking to get back into it a little. 2011 grand Cherokee with a pioneer avh2330nex and recently recieved my 4 6.5’s for my doors...ds 18 pro-x6.4m.. need help choosing an amp. They’re “rated” 250w rms a piece 4 ohm. I wanted to try the Rockville db45 but they’re sold out everywhere... please help I wanna get these speakers some clean power

Hey what’s up boys and girls. Used to be big into music but it’s been about 10 years, looking to get back into it a little. 2011 grand Cherokee with a pioneer avh2330nex and recently recieved my 4 6.5’s for my doors...ds 18 pro-x6.4m.. need help choosing an amp. They’re “rated” 250w rms a piece 4 ohm. I wanted to try the Rockville db45 but they’re sold out everywhere... please help I wanna get these speakers some clean power
Anyone out there??

are you aware that those are wideband midranges?? your highs are gonna be lacking if your not running any tweeters....and your gonna have bad breakup running them fullrange

upper frequencies sounding shitty....what are you using for crossovers? your gonna wanna bandpass them prolly 80hz-4000, might be able to get away with a little higher depending if they are on or off axis....thats just an estimate

upper frequencies sounding shitty....what are you using for crossovers? your gonna wanna bandpass them prolly 80hz-4000, might be able to get away with a little higher depending if they are on or off axis....thats just an estimate
Any recommendations on a crossover? I’m not going for competition sound obviously a budget type build

i dont know what your HU can do but your prolly gonna need a DSP to manually select your crossover points....you might be in over your head....shoulda just got coaxials and disconnected the tweets and called it a day......the direction your going isnt gonna be cheap

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.