Amp heating up to much

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys my amp is heating up to much, Is there any way to keep the amp cool
I have a soundstream tarantula 2000.1D monoblock
Most likely low voltages, beef up your electrical system with the big 3, 0 gauge OFC wiring, put an extra AGM battery in the trunk, turn down your gains until you do so or you gonna blow some sh*t. If thats not enough grab some spare computer fans and make an amp rack with a push/pull fan configuration.

the first option of beefing up your charging system to maintain a higher voltage will do a better job at keeping your amps cool then fans, dont dive into the 2nd option before doing the first one.

Okay do you have steps on what to do and how to do it
Thanks for the help by the way
i listed the steps on the upgrades you need to do in order to run 2k rms effectively in your other post.

how to set gains with multi-meter
With the 2nd battery your just having a 0 gauge run of positive to positive, negative to negative or ground the 2nd battery a bolt thats on the frame of the car.

Make sure its an AGM battery not a lead acid battery. Some good batteries brands are dekas, kinetik, odyssey, xs power, duralast, diehard platinum.

Most likely low voltages, beef up your electrical system with the big 3, 0 gauge OFC wiring, put an extra AGM battery in the trunk, turn down your gains until you do so or you gonna blow some sh*t. If thats not enough grab some spare computer fans and make an amp rack with a push/pull fan configuration.
the first option of beefing up your charging system to maintain a higher voltage will do a better job at keeping your amps cool then fans, dont dive into the 2nd option before doing the first one.
This guy nailed it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.