amp heating and going into thermal protect, need options

well last night i took the amp off the box and set it leaning against the box with a lot of room all around it. worked like a champ. no loss of bass and i had it pumping all night too

well if thats how you wired the sub if it's a D2 then your at 1ohm if it's a D4 then your at 2ohms , and as far as the meter download a test tone at 50hz turn off all filters and turn the HU up 3/4 with the sub unhooked hook up the dmm leads to the speaker outputs on the amp set the dmm to ac now with the tone playing turn up the gain until the meter reads the desired ac output(you will need to google gain settings chart) ....wait isn't there a sticky on this?good luck bro, it's really simple after a couple times you can do it at a gas station in 3-5 minutes if you had too!
I thought there was too....Did it get removed?

well last night i took the amp off the box and set it leaning against the box with a lot of room all around it. worked like a champ. no loss of bass and i had it pumping all night too
So it's still leaning against the box in your trunk? I would secure it to something if at all possible. Left unsecured it may bounce around back there, which can't be good for it, and in the worst case your connections could come loose and short out. Throw it on a piece of wood atleast, mounted on 1/2" to 1" spacers, with a fan blowing over/under it. Sonic electronix or ebay has some pretty good blower fans for cheap. On your amp the heatsinks are on top, which is where the amp is designed to dissipate the most heat, so ideally that is where you want to get the air moving across. You could even do it that way mounted on your box if you don't have room.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.