PPI Black ICE xo help

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigSix
10+ year member

Whippin the Bass
Austin,Tx
Just bought the BK 340.4 and in no where in the manual does it tell the increments for the crossover settings. I googled it and came up with nothing, anyone know what the increments are? Im having to judge by ear but trying to get it right, thx

those ****..you would just about have to have a RTA to set those things accurate. I love the flexibility to allow a active set up, but there is a lot of room between 15hz and 4khz.

bk3404.jpg

those ****..you would just about have to have a RTA to set those things accurate. I love the flexibility to allow a active set up, but there is a lot of room between 15hz and 4khz.
bk3404.jpg
I'm not 100% sure on this but I'll make this assumption since i've had a lot of time with newer Epsilon amps. The xover settings will change when in HP as in it goes x10, so you're actually looking at 150hz-5khz. And then for the LP, it's actually 40hz-400hz. The reason for this is that if you were in the BP setting, the HP would then become the lower set of numbers, or 15-500hz and the LP would become 400hz-4khz. I do believe that is why it is labeled this way.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Just bought the BK 340.4 and in no where in the manual does it tell the increments for the crossover settings. I googled it and came up with nothing, anyone know what the increments are? Im having to judge by ear but trying to get it right, thx
try Grizz Archer in DIYMA, he should have the answer

I'm not 100% sure on this but I'll make this assumption since i've had a lot of time with newer Epsilon amps. The xover settings will change when in HP as in it goes x10, so you're actually looking at 150hz-5khz. And then for the LP, it's actually 40hz-400hz. The reason for this is that if you were in the BP setting, the HP would then become the lower set of numbers, or 15-500hz and the LP would become 400hz-4khz. I do believe that is why it is labeled this way. 

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

try Grizz Archer in DIYMA, he should have the answer
I searched everywhere for that x10 feature and couldnt find anything...and I read on diyma that he doesnt work for them any more

If you have a good TrueRMS DMM, you could try playing a test tone and looking for voltage drop as you adjust the crossover. For example if you want a HP at 2.5khz, set the crossover at the minimum then play a 2.5khz tone. Note the voltage, then adjust the crossover, you are looking for about a 30% drop in voltage. If you are setting a LP start with the crossover at the max. It's not perfect but it should get you close.

well I just emailed them so hopefully I hear something today or ill have to bring out some methods stated here

still waiting to hear from there, however I downloaded a tone generator on my phone and used that as a tool to figure it out, im pretty convinced now that when its in LP band mode it x10 the crossover dial because I played 330hz and and the tone started to go away around the 2 o clock position, however it sounds alot better now but still would like to hear from them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.