Amp goes into protect on max volume during bass hits. Help

alright... so I couldn't find a better grounding point, so I ran a 4 gauge wire from the -ve to the gnd and it's getting better voltage but still going into protect. On 500 watts rms and an 85Amp alternator, the alternator sure isn't the problem imo. My battery however is only rated at 45RA which would probably be around 25Ah so I'll most likely be buying a 100Ah battery soon if I can. Just wanted to make sure others agreed that the batt was the weak spot in my electrical.

With a 100Ah batt and 85amp alternator I won't be going over 1000watts rms, should that be ok?

I also would like to know if others know at what voltage the APSM-1500 goes into protect so I can make sure that's the issue and it's not a bad amp.

I have a 70 amp alt running about 700 rms and my voltage doesn't drop pass 13.6 while driving. Even at full tilt. Get a nice agm battery
that's great, what Ah is your battery rated at?

and the best battery that will fit in my car is 85Ah, should that be fine for up to 1000wrms? Unfortunately for me the 100Ah+ batts are too wide to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.