Amp Gain Questions

Where are you getting this from? I was clipping because I had my gain set around the 3V range I am assuming. I only output 2.5, thus causing clipping. The Rockford Fosgate Prime Series R1200-1D is an excellent quality amp and won't have any problems like that.

Where are you getting this from? I was clipping because I had my gain set around the 3V range I am assuming. I only output 2.5, thus causing clipping. The Rockford Fosgate Prime Series R1200-1D is an excellent quality amp and won't have any problems like that.
What are your settings set at? What subs and what impedance are they wired at?

2 Dayton DCS255-4. They rated 200RMS @ 4 Ohm. I have them wired into the amp which is paralleled internally, thus causing the sub to see a 2 Ohm load, allowing it to be capable of 800W RMS (So 400 a piece). My gain knob from left to right is on a scale of 1-11 (Voltage ranges from 150MV to 4 V). It is set at approximately 4.9ish? (Just a hair under 5) LPF is set to about 120 and my Subsonic filter is at 30. I have a bass boost on the amp and a remote one that are both set to max and was set at max when tuned.

2 Dayton DCS255-4. They rated 200RMS @ 4 Ohm. I have them wired into the amp which is paralleled internally, thus causing the sub to see a 2 Ohm load, allowing it to be capable of 800W RMS (So 400 a piece). My gain knob from left to right is on a scale of 1-11. It is set at approximately 4.9ish? (Just a hair under 5) LPF is set to about 120 and my Subsonic filter is at 30. I have a bass boost on the amp and a remote one that are both set to max and was set at max when tuned.
There's your problem. Turn off bass boost.

If I am not clipping though with bass boost maxed then why should it matter?
When I get more powerful subs will I need to tamper with the gain and take down the boost?
Just turn off the boost, all it does is introduce a god awful amount of clipping. If you turn it off you can increase your gain to actually get the power you want out of it.

But my gain should still not go lower (correct terminology?) than 2.5 Volts correct? Otherwise clipping will still occur? Or should this not be the case without bass boost on?

EDIT: And it should ho from 4V being on the left and 150MV on the right? Or are those backwards?

But my gain should still not go lower (correct terminology?) than 2.5 Volts correct? Otherwise clipping will still occur? Or should this not be the case without bass boost on?

EDIT: And it should ho from 4V being on the left and 150MV on the right? Or are those backwards?
Don't worry about matching the voltage, it's impossible to know exactly where the right setting is. Turn off the bass boost, go back to the shop and re-set the gain with the DD1

^^ do this. turn bass boost OFF, not down and reset the gain correctly, you cant just go and turn it a 1/4 of a rotation and think it is setup correctly.... go do what ole mate had suggested and you''ll be pleased with the result

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.