Amp for two of the OLD AA Assassin 8"s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mugen
10+ year member

Superhero.
Walker, LA
I have them getting 375 each in my truck now, but it's not necessary that they get that much in the "home theater" application I'm going for. I just want to put them in a ported box with decent power and use them with my PC for now, and I'm going to get some tower speakers later this year.

I'm getting out of car audio because I don't drive much anymore. So yea, just need a decent HT amp for these two subs, 4 ohms each so it will have to be able to do 2 or 8 ohms at the amp.

I plan to sell my BXi1206D and put that money to the amp, so I can spend around $200 on this, definitely no more than $300.

EDIT:

Or I could try and sell my BXi 1206D along with my two subs (and boxes) for $300 and spend $400 or so on all new stuff.

I'm thinking one of the new Assassin 12"s along with this BASH 500w amp so that I can get another 12" later and run them together at 500w perfectly.

So now I've thought about it even more, and I could go ahead and sell my Klipsch PC speakers too. Might as well, right? I'm gonna need a receiver anyway, why not ditch the made for PC speakers and get some good bookshelf speakers.

So, here's what I have so far:

AA Assassin 12" $119

BASH 500w Plate Amp $229

Sherwood Receiver $89

The speakers, I'm unsure about. I most certainly don't want to spend more than $100 for the pair. I found these Pioneer for $75 on PE, which seems reasonable. But if there is a better speaker for the money, by all means help me out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.