amp for one alpine type r 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
hey guys i have an alpine type r 12 (4 ohm) and i really need help picking out an amp for it. i was looking at the alpine mrv-m500 since it is 500 wrms at 2 ohm and my my sub is 500 watts rms. just wondering if you guys think that would be a pretty good setup or if you guys have any better suggestions, i would like to stay in the $200 price range thanks for the help guys!

That Alpine MRV will be just fine for it, you can try finding different amps (Kicker etc..) but that Alpine will do the job and do it well, they put out about 50-65 RMS more than rated plus if you even care then you have matching Alpine gear. Those older amps are very good and durable, you won't go wrong picking one up.

Agree. The MRV-m500 is a good choice. Wire the voice coils in parallel and you'll be fine (as long as you are sure they are 4 ohm coils).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.