10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
East TN
Give some suggestions.........

Small 2 channel running 2 ohms stereo or

Small 4 channel........

Please give reasons as to why you would pick one over the other....thx

Amp will be powering factory door and dash speakers (for now) in a 2003 S-10

I could do my faithfull service to Profile and recommend the Profile Caifornia series, or Clarus series (whichever you like better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif ) Clarus has a few more features like a 18db bast boost but who needs that much bass boost anyway. But im gonna recommend the California Series CA440 or the 440SX, (2002, 2003 rescpectively). For factory speakers I would recommend that you keep the gains down alot tho. These amps are more than capable of blowing factory speakers. They are cheap and reliable as well. Also you might want to look at US Acoustics as well, there might be a lil bit more Sound Quality in the US Acoustics than the Profile amps but im not to sure;)

Well for the brand I was kinda leaning towards Crossfire:

Vr302-50x2 @ 4ohms,150x2 @ 2ohms

Vr354-35x4 @ 4ohms

I'd like to get the 2 channel just for the smaller footprint,but I didnt know how bad it would affect sound quality running it at 2 ohms.........so which one 2 channel or 4?

thx for the reply btw.

I had a small 2 channel Profile and didnt like it

Originally posted by bowtiefan I had a small 2 channel Profile and didnt like it
What type was it? Jam/Baja/California/Clarus

If it was a Jam or a Baja I can understand why you didnt like them, they are Profile's lowest line of amps and speakers. They might not be all that good but I can reassure you the new California and Clarus amps are amazing but if you have your heart set on something other than Profile (which hurts me to know that:( ) then you might try US Acoustics;)

Originally posted by snova031 soundstream...
Darn totally forgot about them. I recommend them also;)

Hey when did they add this Smilie to our list?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif

or this one?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn What type was it? Jam/Baja/California/Clarus

If it was a Jam or a Baja I can understand why you didnt like them, they are Profile's lowest line of amps and speakers. They might not be all that good but I can reassure you the new California and Clarus amps are amazing but if you have your heart set on something other than Profile (which hurts me to know that:( ) then you might try US Acoustics;)

ive actually had a few jam series in my time and i loved them.....im actually getting another herein the next few weeks......

I had one of the Baja series,it put out descent power but I never could get that damm altenator whine out of my speakers......changed amps and whine disappeared

well im gooan stick to a brand i know...Power Acoustik...i think they have a EE840-4 i think thats it if your interested let me know so i can give you a link.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.