will this work????

Jdogg
10+ year member

syracuse
i need to power two audiobahn flame q 12s. 1100 watt rms each, 2100 peak.

will this do the trick???

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog%20Page.asp?Product+%23=PLA2570

·1000 Watts x 2 Output

·2000 Watts x 1 Bridged Output

·Variable Hi/Lo Electronic X-over Network

·Variable Bass Boost (0- +18 dB @ 60Hz)

·Variable Input Level (Gain) Control

·Remote Turn On/Off

·Gold Plated RCA Inputs

·High Level MOLEX Input

·Power LED Indicator

·LED Protection Indicator

·S/N ratio: 95dB

·THD:

·Thermal, Overload, Short Circuit Protection

·Anti-Thump Turn-On

Save your money and buy a good amp. That amp will give you about 250x2 and thats it. Pyle makes junk, they're in the same category as pyramid and legacy. Need I say more.

I tested a D3000M and only got 2600 watts! Other have claimed to only get 1700 out of the D2000. Again the amp I tested was the first revision, and changes have been made since then. Dominic out at Lanzar said the problem was rectified.

They are supposed to do well now! But they sold tuns that weren't. That is the only real flaw in our industry, we are the real R&D guys. When problems come up we are the ones to find them and report it. But, thats all manufacturers.

Originally posted by Felix Harsh I tested a D3000M and only got 2600 watts! Other have claimed to only get 1700 out of the D2000. Again the amp I tested was the first revision, and changes have been made since then. Dominic out at Lanzar said the problem was rectified.
stil WELL, WELL worth it tho...ill be hooking one up for a friend soon...

-nate

Originally posted by DaBaller504 Ihave heard nothing but good reviews about the rack line.
Wher do you get your info from on Lanzar? Every article I have seen from reputable top installers and techs have said garbage in and out? I seen these things benched at half what they claim for power and also terrible specs on efficiency and so on.

I was sponsored by Lanzar, and Pyle for 3 yrs. I took product I get from them to a private electronics firm in Frederick Maryland and had everyting tested. When the rack mounts were first released they did poorly, but Lanzar has worked with the manufacturer and resolved alot of issues. More resently the amps tested very well! I never claimed their efficiency was great, but it is better than most. The amps were tested at 14.4 volts .05 THD, full sweep 20Hz-20KHz, 1 Ohm load. The D2000M tested at 1950watts, and the D3000M tested at 2875 watts. Lanzar will never out do their older Opti series amps in my opinion, but hey will keep trying.

I am currently sponsored by Audiopipe, and have had their amps tested in the same way. They advertized the amps at 1200 watts, but in the testing a 14.4 volts we got 1648 watts. They rated their amps lower than they were for the top end. Which is better than over rating. The GM-4CLD is a great Mono Block sub amp, and for a great deal less than most. You can generally pick these up for around $350.00!!!

I never really believe everything I read in Magazines, and on-line reviews that accept Payments for advertizing. How honest would you be about a product if they were not paying you? And how honest would you be about a product if you were receiving payments for advertizing?

I worked in the radio Controled car industry for many years and saw the same thing. Even when we released a product before testing was 100% complete, magazines we advertized with gave us great reviews. We knew better, but also knew that by the time a review was actually printed and sold we would have our problems fixed. Hell, we had a 3 month lead on the publications.

Hope this answers your questions!

where's an 'owned' pic when you need one?

MA i dont know where youre getting your info...but 1)its bad information, and 2)you need to be more open-minded. i have also heard nothing but good stuff about the rack series...over on the SPLenduro forums they tested one against an earthquake d2 and matched it watt for watt for hundreds of dollars less.

-nate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jdogg

10+ year member
Jdogg
syracuse
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from