Amp for AB XR12-d2? Want to order tonight.

Did you build that single box yet?.. I'd like to see how it turns out.
Got box built....with a catch....I cut all the pieces and then me and a friend started to put it together and then i had to run to town so he said he would finish it......Well he did and he did a good job except he didnt put the corner pieces in (i had them in the truck with me still :/ ) nor did he roundover any of the port corners.....No clue how thats affecting it. Other than that box turned out good....alot better than the two i built for the mtx 7500s.

Definetly sounds a whole lot better now....some songs sound a little worse/maybe different? and some just dont hit like they did in the mtx box but 95% of what music ive listened to sofar sounds so much better. A couple songs hit so hard now it drops down to 10 volts where as before those same songs never dropped below 13.5v full tilt with 5 100 watt kc lights on.

I had a bunch of junk in the truck so i sat it in the back seat again first facing up and it was like no bass except the low lows? So i flipped it facing forward and bass magically appeared again. I want to try it between the seats like i had the other box but gotta rearrange some things since this box is longer than the previous box. Now what i dont like is with windows up all bass pretty much gets cut in half it sounds/feels like.....I guess what i mean by that is windows down it hits sooooo much harder than with windows up.....can someone explain that to me?.......I defiantly dont like that.

Also wanted to say that you missed a couple of key measurements but its ok was able to add two and two together and figure out the missed ones. Probably not a big deal really but i for one am horrible at math lol.

Overall im defiantly happy with how it turned out and its just amazing how much of a difference the box makes and one is plenty but im hooked on lows now and i want another XR12!

IDK what happened, but the port bend 45 is critical and the others will throw off the volume if left out... so throw the tune/volume out the window. That will not sound as intended... those were parts that were needed... look at the drawing.

BTW there's NO missed measurements on the set of drawings... lol... good job assembling it!

Pretty sure that with the added volume/pieces left out and same port length its quite a bit LOWER of a tune

Wow... I'm done with doin this for noobs!

Idk but it does sound alot better than what i had. I can get the 4 main 45s in but idk if i would be able to get the port 45 in or not. For that matter i think i have enough mdf to build another one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.