Amp for AB XR12-d2? Want to order tonight.

I had also thought about the CAB but i have amazon prime so it was between the skars and the orion and i had watched some videos on the orion and also noticed the subsonic filter being fixed and didnt realy like that.....then i was talking to someone here at the house and they suggested the Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200 so i watched some dynos and ended up getting it and itll be here this afternoon......what are yalls opinion on the prime 1200? worst case i can send it back and get the rp-2000 or the cab.
i'd skip the rp and cab for a soundqubed 2250.1.

Nice catch... I meant 1 ohm strapped... 1/2 ohm each... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif
Always proofread my posts too... oops!
He has a D2 woofer. So if he has two d2 he has to strap at 2ohm not 1ohm

Last guy I personally dealt with got a birth sheet with his orion that said 2750 watts or so, but I hate the fact that there's a fixed 25 hz SSF. The other choices do have an adjustable SSF i believe, id personally rule out ANY amp with a fixed SSF if I was using a ported hi-power setup... idk, maybe it's me?
If it was me, id buy a 2 CAB's and strap to 1/2 ohm... once my electrical was up to par I was having a great time killin my Evl-12's and the power was pretty high.

Idk what numbers power wise I was getting but I'd suspect if dynoed the pair was putting out around 4k.

That being said, just get a pair and run em at 1 ohm each and 3000+ ought to be enough... for $400 shipped it's a pair of amps thats hard to beat.

Im just nuthuggin here... I had good luck with mine.
He has a D2 woofer. So if he has two d2 he has to strap at 2ohm not 1ohm
The original advice was not to strap but to run at 1 ohm each... the 1 ohm strapped was what I would do and did... yeah... 2 ohm strapped is what the manufacturer recommends but strapping can cause other problems or so I've read, so I advised 1 ohm each.

Nice catch tho... 1/2 ohm strapped... lol

I had also thought about the CAB but i have amazon prime so it was between the skars and the orion and i had watched some videos on the orion and also noticed the subsonic filter being fixed and didnt realy like that.....then i was talking to someone here at the house and they suggested the Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200 so i watched some dynos and ended up getting it and itll be here this afternoon......what are yalls opinion on the prime 1200? worst case i can send it back and get the rp-2000 or the cab.
rf does rated power they fine, u gonna run 1 per sub? u should..

rf does rated power they fine, u gonna run 1 per sub? u should..
Ill either sell the sub and the rf to a buddy and go with 2 D4s and a rp2000 or something in the 2.5-3k range or just get another D2 and another rf......no idea atm tho just have to see when i get there. Probally wont get a second sub till i figure out how i want to build a center console/box for two 12s.

Haven't seen many consoles for 2 12's worth a d*mn. Bass takes space and stuffing 2 12's into a console sized area will most likely be too little airspace and not sound good unless you want a wall between the seats... I suppose if it was mine id find a way but a single hi power/quality driver in the correct enclosure would probably be the best bet in a console type location (probably still be big). Often the simplest solution is the easiest/ best one in the long run.

Haven't seen many consoles for 2 12's worth a d*mn. Bass takes space and stuffing 2 12's into a console sized area will most likely be too little airspace and not sound good unless you want a wall between the seats... I suppose if it was mine id find a way but a single hi power/quality driver in the correct enclosure would probably be the best bet in a console type location (probably still be big). Often the simplest solution is the easiest/ best one in the long run.
A 4cu ft console box is one big ass box ....

Remember mine is ext cab plus im planning on replacing the back bench with two buckets....Ill have around 70 inches from dash to back wall 16-18 of width and however much height i need. Ill get some more exact measurements ina few.

Obviously its not going to be speaker box from dash to back wall.......Reckon i just need to take some pics of the space so yall know what the hell im trying to say......im not so great at explaining my thoughts. Wish i could get the hang of sketchup....would make this alot easier to explain/get advice if i could give a visual of what im wanting to do.

I should have it done over the weekend i hope. This is basicaly what im wanting to do minus all the fiberglass/blingy **** and with only 2 of course......https://youtu.be/Zmpyj2091AY?t=120

I see... so something like this port/sub up could work then...

And you could trim it out or whatever.

Thats 4 cubes at 33hz

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.