Amp for 2 Soundqubed Super tweets

Participant count
  • Participant list

justice66
10+ year member

What amp would you guys recommend for 2 SQ super tweeter? I have 4 of their Pro audio Mids running of a Eclipse 34601 and I want an amp for the tweeters instead of running them of the headunit.

Also since I have 3 sets of outputs on the head unit(sub, front ,rear)can I split the RCAs running to the 4 channel so I have a dedicated set for the tweeter amp?

Thanks for any input

What amp would you guys recommend for 2 SQ super tweeter? I have 4 of their Pro audio Mids running of a Eclipse 34601 and I want an amp for the tweeters instead of running them of the headunit.
Also since I have 3 sets of outputs on the head unit(sub, front ,rear)can I split the RCAs running to the 4 channel so I have a dedicated set for the tweeter amp?

Thanks for any input
those things get stupid loud on low power ..u might wana try them on hu power first ..trust me i have the pa mids n tweets

Thank for the suggestions. I will check out that US acoustics amp in a minute and I was looking for an eclipse amp that's the same style as mine but cant seam to find what the smaller version is.

Thank you for your input. How many mids do you have? Im not sure how much power I will be putting on my Subs yet. I have 8 VVME 10s im trying to figure out how to fit them all in the back of my civic wagon. But I cant find a HO alt that will fit. So I will be doing lots of small batteries hopefully and around 2-3k.

Thank you for your input. How many mids do you have? Im not sure how much power I will be putting on my Subs yet. I have 8 VVME 10s im trying to figure out how to fit them all in the back of my civic wagon. But I cant find a HO alt that will fit. So I will be doing lots of small batteries hopefully and around 2-3k.
4 mids 1 pair of tweets

Thanks again for the help everyone, but I got one last question. On the tweets their is a capacitor on one the of leads. Now I know this is effectively the cross over or a filter fort the tweet. How exactly am I supposed to securely connect this to the speaker wire that 14g BTW? Its just a little flimsy wire that's gonna be wiggling all the time. I might just be over thinking it. I also was research this before I posted and found this.

Capacitors in Series with Speakers

Now according to this picture I will run them in series so one tweet positive wire will go to the cap and the other the negative will be on the cap. If I hook it up just like the picture will it work and is it right/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.