amp for 2 12" power hx2s

78nova
10+ year member

XXX
hey guys can you please help me on this, i need an amp that can run 2 12" power hx2s at 1000w rms each, if there isnt any good amps to run both subwoofers, then can yall please sugest one amp for each speaker. thanks

im also on a budget of about 100-400 dollars these speakers will also be in a ported setup so all i want is spl thanks

whats up man i have the same thing. as of now i have one memphis 1000d amp and getting another. id get 2 of those if i were you. otherwise go with a memphis mojo 2400 watt. if you want to go cheap go with 2 hifonics brutus d.

If you can save a little get a US Amps 2000x or de2000 depending on your coil configuration. They will be a little over your budget on ebay, but IMO the best power amp you could buy.

otherwise why not 2 BD1000's or a 1500? Fosgate amps are pretty descent.

That ORION XTRPRO 2400 is one sweet amp... I can't remember if it's an old or new model. I could use it for myself, but don't have the money for it, it would power those HX2 Powerseries well.

I agree, the HX2 Power subs are some watt hungry bastards. I wouldn't suggest giving them under 1000WRMS if you want to get the most out of them.

I would just go ahead with a 1501bd, wire them up in series-parallel and you've got 750 watts each which is plenty, and plus, on ebay you can get it new for about $340 if you know where to look. If you're looking at giving them 800+ watts you're gonna have them bottom out on you when you're really trying to push for those extra decibles. You will definitely blow them if you got over 1100, happened to one of my 10's. If you really wanted to push it but just not turn them up that high, I would look at the PPI PCX-2400 2 channel amp. I asked PPI about bridging the PCX-2400 and wiring up to a 2ohm load and they said it can handle it, just they don't cover that under the warranty and can push to about 3000watts which would give your powers 1500 each. So do what you can afford, but like I said - I would stick to at the most 750 watts each, and plus with a little bass boost from rockford you'll save the money and get the loudness that you want for a cheaper price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.