Amp, Enclosure, and Subs

I'm putting 2 hds210's in in about 2 weeks.
Any idea of a good pair of 6x9's? Don't want to go crazy

Because I am going to spend $430 on the hds and amp and

The qmats and thinking about this ken wood double din head unit

I saw for $170 forgot model number and it's saved to my computer which

Is not with me atm but I'll update it tomorrow. But yeah any good 6x9's you can think of?

Any idea of a good pair of 6x9's? Don't want to go crazyBecause I am going to spend $430 on the hds and amp and

The qmats and thinking about this ken wood double din head unit

I saw for $170 forgot model number and it's saved to my computer which

Is not with me atm but I'll update it tomorrow. But yeah any good 6x9's you can think of?
alpine type R 6x9s or incriminator audio 6x9s or some polks if your budget is lower.

You say you have room for a big box right, then go with an hds300 15" not a 12" Well worth the size increase if you can fit a proper box You are going to need 4.5 cubic feet after displacement which is like at 6.0-6.5 cubic feet box gross. Ported is a must with Soundqubed subs.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f40/official-free-ported-box-plans-56k-no-435910/

some free box plans so your friends have an easier time.

alpine type R 6x9s or incriminator audio 6x9s or some polks if your budget is lower.
You say you have room for a big box right, then go with an hds300 15" not a 12" Well worth the size increase if you can fit a proper box You are going to need 4.5 cubic feet after displacement which is like at 6.0-6.5 cubic feet box gross. Ported is a must with Soundqubed subs.

*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

some free box plans so your friends have an easier time.
Wow, you guys go above and beyond to help others in this position and it is highly appreciated. I do have a lot of space, but would like to leave a little for some cargo. I think for now a 12 in a good box will be enough, soon will add another. Buttttt, have you heard of Dave the Box Guy? This is what he told me---

Hi Joe,

For the best sound quality (with good output) I'd suggest the "medium"

size single 12" slot port box with baltic birch upgrade. If you want the

most output from the sub, then I'd suggest the "large" size single 12"

aeroport box with baltic birch upgrade (select tuning of 34 hz).

Thanks,

Dave

http://shop.davetheboxguy.com/Single-12-slot-port-050.htm that's a link to the large one

Dave does good work
Lookin like $260 for the box and $55 for shipping. I'm gonna end up spending quite a bit more than expected on the whole system set up, but it's alright. It's what I want and I know I am getting great products I can count on. Will most likely go through Dave

Wow, you guys go above and beyond to help others in this position and it is highly appreciated. I do have a lot of space, but would like to leave a little for some cargo. I think for now a 12 in a good box will be enough, soon will add another. Buttttt, have you heard of Dave the Box Guy? This is what he told me--- Hi Joe,

For the best sound quality (with good output) I'd suggest the "medium"

size single 12" slot port box with baltic birch upgrade. If you want the

most output from the sub, then I'd suggest the "large" size single 12"

aeroport box with baltic birch upgrade (select tuning of 34 hz).

Thanks,

Dave

Single 12" slot port that's a link to the large one
he does good work. For the box though, the medium box would be a good all around box for all types of musical, but you said you listen to rap, rap and more rap. You might want a little bit more pronounced low end and more output. Also, soundqubed subs like larger boxes then normal. Might want to go with a large enclosure instead. Larger = more efficiency, takes less power to get loud and its lighter on your electrical system.

he does good work. For the box though, the medium box would be a good all around box for all types of musical, but you said you listen to rap, rap and more rap. You might want a little bit more pronounced low end and more output. Also, soundqubed subs like larger boxes then normal. Might want to go with a large enclosure instead.
Have you had any experience with the AtrendUsa company partnered with Soundqubed? Supposedly their boxes are built around SQ subs. Single ported 12" box is $140. I know it is nowhere near Dave's box's, but I just don't know if I am willing or able to drop over $300 on a box. That's almost twice as much as the sub itself. This is the one I was looking at-- ATrend Enclosures the $141 one

[quote name='Joe2Dopee']Have you had any experience with the AtrendUsa company partnered with Soundqubed? Supposedly their boxes are built around SQ subs. Single ported 12" box is $140. I know it is nowhere near Dave's box's, but I just don't know if I am willing or able to drop over $300 on a box. That's almost twice as much as the sub itself. This is the one I was looking at-- ATrend Enclosures the $141 one[/QUOTE]

You can still get custom work for that price range i'd recommend hitting up @Boomsday ; he does great work with birch boxes. My enclosure for a single 12 Zcon survived a flipped car and is still sounding great lol.

[quote name='jeffdachef']You can still get custom work for that price range i'd recommend hitting up @Boomsday ; he does great work with birch boxes. My enclosure for a single 12 Zcon survived a flipped car and is still sounding great lol.[/QUOTE]

Have been talking to him about the box. I settled on which one would be best. Thanks so much for the referral!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.