Amp, Enclosure, and Subs

Joe2Dopee

I am looking at the JL 12" w3v3-2 or w3v3-4 (not sure which one I should get)

and an RE Audio CTX 1600. Now I know that's way ridiculous for that sub, but I would

obviously run it around 300-400 rms. I want that amp for future 12's. I want at least 2, but

starting off small and getting there. So I am here to ask if that is a good match and also what

box should I either buy or make. Ported/Sealed? Dimensions? Woodwork isn't a big deal, I have

people to help. But as much info on it as possible would be great. Also, any head units? around $100 max preferably.

I don't need anything fancy, but some Bluetooth integration would be nice. I really think the w3v3 12's and

the RE Audio CTX amp will be a good match for me. (I want the JL JX 500, but don't have $300)

Thanks everyone for all the feedback and sorry if this post should of been somewhere else, just

registered to the site. P.S. Have an 87 S10 Blazer so room is not a problem for the box, amp etc.

I am looking at the JL 12" w3v3-2 or w3v3-4 (not sure which one I should get)and an RE Audio CTX 1600. Now I know that's way ridiculous for that sub, but I would

obviously run it around 300-400 rms. I want that amp for future 12's. I want at least 2, but

starting off small and getting there. So I am here to ask if that is a good match and also what

box should I either buy or make. Ported/Sealed? Dimensions? Woodwork isn't a big deal, I have

people to help. But as much info on it as possible would be great. Also, any head units? around $100 max preferably.

I don't need anything fancy, but some Bluetooth integration would be nice. I really think the w3v3 12's and

the RE Audio CTX amp will be a good match for me. (I want the JL JX 500, but don't have $300)

Thanks everyone for all the feedback and sorry if this post should of been somewhere else, just

registered to the site. P.S. Have an 87 S10 Blazer so room is not a problem for the box, amp etc.
Your spending your money in all the wrong places buddy. Less on the subs, more on the head unit and get a better amp then RE. JL's are overpriced and plenty of woofers can outperform them at a lower pricepoint. Headunit is the main core of your system. Audio and signal processors inside determines if your music sounds like **** or sound great.

Timhof13 on here has a jl13w3v3 for sale. I'd snag that up. Re audio is not regarded highly around here. I would consider a ppi amp over re. Head unit is pretty dang important. I would spend a little more there.

There is nothing wrong with JL subs if you pay the right price.
exactly but i got a feeling he's paying full retail. Even if he got it for under 200, there's plenty of woofers that can smash a W3 in output and SQ like a dayton ho, dayton ultimax, TC sounds epic, C2 audio threatcon 2

exactly but i got a feeling he's paying full retail. Even if he got it for under 200, there's plenty of woofers that can smash a W3 in output and SQ like a dayton ho, dayton ultimax, TC sounds epic, C2 audio threatcon 2
You should really test that opinion.

You should really test that opinion.
heard plenty of JL w3, w6 and w7 setups in my area in both JL boxes and custom ported boxes and 4th orders, my threatcons will walk all over a W3 in both output, SQ and power handling. lets say even if the threatcons are in a sealed box, it outdoes a W3 in a JL ported box, both in open cabin style cars, not trunks.

W6 and W7 sound really nice and can get loud but under those lines, the woofers get really mediocre.

Okay, so what do you think about some Alpine Type R's? I heard those are better than JL's after I did some research last night.

I'm obviously not a speaker genius, so maybe you guys could give me a full setup? Like subs, head unit, and an amp, all that go together and compliment each other. Links would be great. Sorry if it is a lot to ask for, but I do not want to put money into something that I am

going to regret, all though I know that is part of the learning process, I would like to go in informed as possible before I make any purchases. So maybe give me a sub, amp, and head unit that go together? Thanks a lot

Okay, so what do you think about some Alpine Type R's? I heard those are better than JL's after I did some research last night.I'm obviously not a speaker genius, so maybe you guys could give me a full setup? Like subs, head unit, and an amp, all that go together and compliment each other. Links would be great. Sorry if it is a lot to ask for, but I do not want to put money into something that I am

going to regret, all though I know that is part of the learning process, I would like to go in informed as possible before I make any purchases. So maybe give me a sub, amp, and head unit that go together? Thanks a lot
you trying to get loud or you trying to get sound quality? Alpine type Rs are mediocre woofers. You want a woofer with a lot of motorforce and Xmax if you want to get loud and the type Rs are missing out on some excursion.

Okay, so what do you think about some Alpine Type R's? I heard those are better than JL's after I did some research last night.I'm obviously not a speaker genius, so maybe you guys could give me a full setup? Like subs, head unit, and an amp, all that go together and compliment each other. Links would be great. Sorry if it is a lot to ask for, but I do not want to put money into something that I am

Alpine 149bt and an hds300 bundle. Bam......

you trying to get loud or you trying to get sound quality? Alpine type Rs are mediocre woofers. You want a woofer with a lot of motorforce and Xmax if you want to get loud and the type Rs are missing out on some excursion.
I listen to nothing but rap and more rap. The more bass the better imo. I love the bass but sound quality is important obviously. Tons and tons of bass but I want to be able to hear the words clearly. And I have plenty of room for a big box

Alpine type R's sound beautiful. I have some of the newest 10's and they are far from "mediocre" as far as sound quality. Obviously, they are not going to be the loudest. Because you said that LOUD bass is what you're looking for, the R's may not be your best bet. I'd say get some Soundqubed subs and put them in a big ol' ported box. Tune in the mid to low 30's. I like Alpine for quality, but output is not their strong point.

Alpine type R's sound beautiful. I have some of the newest 10's and they are far from "mediocre" as far as sound quality. Obviously, they are not going to be the loudest. Because you said that LOUD bass is what you're looking for, the R's may not be your best bet. I'd say get some Soundqubed subs and put them in a big ol' ported box. Tune in the mid to low 30's. I like Alpine for quality, but output is not their strong point.
Soundqubed 12 is sounding better and better and better. Leaning towards that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.