Amp doesn't work

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a jensen 500 Watt amp i have 2 jensen subs which are powered perfrect. my amp doesn't want to work because when i start turning up the bass the amp goes into protection mode. the ground and the 12 volt power source are fine, and when it goes into protection mode it makes a little thud then after about 5 seconds it does it again. can anybody help me?

Originally posted by kx100kicks I have a jensen 500 Watt amp i have 2 jensen subs which are powered perfrect. my amp doesn't want to work because when i start turning up the bass the amp goes into protection mode. the ground and the 12 volt power source are fine, and when it goes into protection mode it makes a little thud then after about 5 seconds it does it again.

can anybody help me?

How do u have your subswoofers wired? In stereo one per channel or in parallel with the amplifier bridged? Most protection problems are due to too low of an impeadance load on the amplifer...

I had the same (well the 300watt version) Amplifier. It always goes into protect mode when:

the impedance was too low (4 ohms Bridged, and 2 Ohms stereo)

The voltage was too low (

The Gains were too high (overload protection)

Speaker wires shorted (Short Protection)

Overheated (ran too long at high power with enough circulation, OverTemp protection)

To Cold (ran in temps below -20C, Undertemp protection)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.