Amp distortion

Participant count
  • Participant list

orangecountyjd
10+ year member

Ive been searching on here trying to find an answer but i cant, I recently bought a mb quart onyx 1000d and when i turn the gain up (using a dmm) my type r makes an distorting noise, at a lower volume then my previous amp did wich was a sony explode that gave it 450 watts and was a class a/b,so i dont get why its doing this considering the mb quarrt is rated at 750watts at 2ohm and the sony is rated at 450watts why am i getting distortion earlier with a better amp ive checked voltages everywhere with my dmm never goes lower then 12.5 ive tried the amp on a different sub and in a different car and it still does it any ideas on what it could be?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.