amp decisions

Participant count
  • Participant list
neither.....i suggest looking into some better amps....legacy and boss are some of the lowest quality amps out.....neither actually put out anywhere near their rated power

really, what do you suggest. I'm gunna be running 2 audibahn high excursion 700rms subs that are dual 4 ohm...so im guessing 2 ohm operation.

What makes an amp better than any other amp? I thought that class D would be class D no matter what.

yes....class d is class d.....but there is different quality in amps as well......the ones listed above list the max ratings not the rms......s for an amp that can handle those subs......if your not going ported box i'd say jbl 1200.1......can be found for about 280.00...puts out 1200w rms @ 2 or 1 ohm...since your subs are dual 4ohm your looking at a 1ohm load in parallel

yeah im gunna go with a slotted port in the middle of the subs...I'm gunna have the box custom built. I've been messing around with winisd so i might try to build it myself.

So i should be looking at 1ohm mono amps then?

yep.....if going ported i'd look into getting a subsonic filter on the amp or if going w/ one that doesnt have one u can get an extrnal one from partexpress.com i believe....called fmods....

I noticed that that sub is 1200 x 1 at 2 ohm. Does that mean that the subs wont operate because i can only wire those to 1 ohm in paralel or 4 ohm in series. And is the 1200 max or rms?

thanks a lot, you've been a lot of help. I found it for 253.00 It doesn't look as gay as the other amps too. It doesn't have a sub sonic filter though. Is a sub sonic filter really necessary?

Originally posted by burton14e7 It doesn't have a sub sonic filter though. Is a sub sonic filter really necessary?
A subsonic filter is only used when porting or running a sub in bandbass.

But the JBl amp is an awesome amp for the price. You really can't go wrong with it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

BTW: Ikesound.com has these amps for $275 with free shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.