Amp cutting out....sort of?

Participant count
  • Participant list

eclap

I have a California Profile Amp. It has worked great over the past 18 months. Every once in awhile it sounds like something trips it and it turns off. I et no bass from it whatsoever. I have noticed that the amp doesn't turn off, it just stops working. Now the interesting thing is it only stops hitting when I am on my 'custom' setting that i created on my headunit. I have my HU dialed down to 0 bass in the speakers since I have all of the low freq going to the amp. This has worked fine since day 1. As soon as my amp 'stops' I can switch it to one of the factory setting such as 'powerful' and the amp works like nothing happened. I go back to 'custom' and no bass is there. After awhile of not hitting at all, the bass will slowly fade back in. I have no idea why this is happening. Has anyone had this happen before? Thanks for any help..I really hate getting into my car and not having the music sound like it should.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.