amp cuts off voltage drop

Participant count
  • Participant list

slvrado28z
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
midland, tx
well I just got a new amp and it shuts off and comes back on in a second only when have volume up...the amp is a t2500bdcp @1ohm on 2 ia death rows 15s. I have a red top under the hood and 0gauge power and ground. I have a yellow top laying around, if I do the big 3 and add the yellow top would my amp stop doing this? THANKS

I would've already had that yellow top in...

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

What are the numbers on your voltage drop???

I would've already had that yellow top in... 

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

What are the numbers on your voltage drop???
Goes down to 11 but guess my amp needs at least 12

You're going to cook that amp. You need a bigger alt. More batteries will help protect your amp but will kill your stock alt faster.

still gonna need some reserve even with a ho alt and that amp does way over 2500 at 1 ohm too. probably closer to 3200. i say a xs d3400. and a ho alt.
With the vehicle running all power is drawn from the alternator. If it's large enough to prevent voltage drop his reserve won't matter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.