Amp Compartment Build For Beerdrnkr!!!

The equipment will be 3 massive nx4 4ch. Amps, 1 massive n3 sub amp, a pioneer p99rs, scanspeak 8s in the doors, 5 1/4s in the kicks, and I have 4s and tweets in the A-pillars all scanspeak. I also have 2 older phoenix gold titanium 15s on the way. Should be a nice sq ride with decent output.

i could be looking at this wrong, but are you going to have the sub box on top of this? if so you should invest in some fans, or something iv always wanted to try.........water cooling.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

you be the coolest **** around, how many people can say that?

DSC00288.jpg
nothing says party like a red dixie cup O_O

i could be looking at this wrong, but are you going to have the sub box on top of this? if so you should invest in some fans, or something iv always wanted to try.........water cooling. 

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

you be the coolest **** around, how many people can say that?
Yeah, the sub box will sit on top of the amp rack and we're planning on installing about 4 fans. Hopefully it should be enough cooling for the amps. Haven't really heard about water cooling, how does that work?

Yeah, the sub box will sit on top of the amp rack and we're planning on installing about 4 fans. Hopefully it should be enough cooling for the amps. Haven't really heard about water cooling, how does that work?
Ya we are already had plans for fans....and water cooling is mainly for computers but it works much the same way as a car coolant system and pulled heat directly from the amps

never done it but i would assume you would need:

water reservoir

12v pump

tubing

waterproof sealant

and the little things like switches, wrapping the tubes around the amps/heat sinks etc...

um wate rcooling system would generate small amounts of water buildup wouldn't it lol? if it was meant to be done higher end companies would have done it. i dont think a WATER cooled system would work well. but tj so far so good. ur a noob thou. get a flush trim bit next time for that top piece to cut it nice and perfect :)o when you cut one piece at a angle the joint to the other piece of wood should be cut at an angle as well to ensure proper joint contact. just some things to work on bro.

Alright, I finally got some updates and just finished most of the wiring. I'm still waiting on another Massive Audio NX4 and my 2 Phoenix Gold Titanium 15's that I'll be running sealed. The spare cable runs taped to the amp rack are for my kick panels and I'll be playing with those and the mids in my A-pillars to see which I like more.

Started out with this:

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

Quickly wired everything just to have some music:

DSC00178.jpg

4 fans total with a hole cut behind them to **** in air. Each fan is pointed directly at the vents of each amp.

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

The orange straps are tied to the little pulleys for my seats to go up. I couldn't reach them with the amp rack in the way so I just added some length and now I can fold the seats up all the way with no issues.

DSC00190.jpg

Temporary sub.

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

Well I got a couple things done today and one of the subs came in. I made some dinky little grills for my A-pillar mids. They came out looking decent. I **** at fabricating and all that good stuff so for me they actually came out pretty good.

The pg 15s only need 1.25c/ft sealed each and I just happen to have a box from when I ran a couple old school round solo-baric 15s. The box is 1.5c/ft per chamber.

On to the pics:

aefe20df-dfe4-060e.jpg

aefe20df-e008-ea3f.jpg

aefe20df-e03e-6f46.jpg

aefe20df-e082-5b9b.jpg

aefe20df-e0a0-7bc8.jpg

aefe20df-e0cf-4879.jpg

aefe20df-e10c-c51e.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.