Amp Clipping?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heavypick

Yesterday I got a new sub (Pioneer 10in 200 watt RMS) because my others stopped working (Lightning Audio 10in, 100 watt RMS), and I installed it into what I already had. Thought it'd just work, but I guess something went wrong with it and now every time I turn it on, I can't raise the level on the amp past the 4 (it starts on 6 and goes to 0.3V? I don't really understand it) but before the amp was on about 1 (2 o'clock) and the bass boost (40hz and below) was on about 5. Also I can't raise the bass boost at all with the V level on 4. The amps a Sony XMZR1252 2/1 Channel ZR Series Amplifier. (it's either clipping or not getting enough power through the line, I THINK, I hooked up a battery charger to the car while running only accessories and it still cuts out, the light on the amp flickers as well when it 'clips')

How do I stop the clipping?

Sorry if this is confusing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.