Amp Attached to Sub Box Question

if you can mount it elsewhere that would be ideal. some amps have vibration resistance built in, but that soundstream likely doesn't. i was able to mount my amps behind my rear seat, on the back of the cab. is this a possibility for you?

I have a JL PowerWedge for my truck. I also picked up a SoundStream Picasso amp.
the height of the PowerWedge is the exact same as the amp as shown in the picture.

My question is, is it going to be an issue if i mount the amp to the box as it sits in the picture? is it bad for the amp or the box, will it cause any issues???

View attachment 26552532

Play your system on full effing tilt, then place your head on the subwoofer box. See if you want your amps subjected to the same migraine.

Play your system on full effing tilt, then place your head on the subwoofer box. See if you want your amps subjected to the same migraine.
yea...i get it. i see it all the time, not saying that makes it ok, but i figured people with more watts than i do it so what the hell.

glad i asked first

It's not "ideal", but nothing about a car is "ideal" for electronics.

If it were on a big panel that flexes/vibrates a lot it would be a much bigger issue, but with 4 edges of support it won't vibrate much more than any other location in the car.

If that location is convenient I don't see a problem.

Vibration is way harder on amps than most people realize. There is no way to 100 % isolate it in the car but a sub box should only be a last resort IMO. Seen way too many amps with legs broken off of mosfets as a result of sub box mounting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.