Amp assistance!!! Is it the right one!?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonP158

Hi, I am relatively new to car audio but I recently upgraded all the speakers in my Eighty Eight Oldsmobile. I have had a Pioneer deck for a couple years but I wanted better sound quality. In doing so I am considering buying an amp. (As a side note I buy a lot on Ebay) I found a Boss 4 channel amp 2000 watts. The speakers that I have in my car are 2 1200 watt(600RMS) and 2 600 watt(300RMS) Before I do any purchasing I want to make sure that I would hear a difference. The stereo is 50x4. Does that seem like a good purchase? Would it make a difference? Oh the amp is 105$. Thanks.

Aren't they all essentially made of the same things? Relative to car speakers, which are all made of similar substances, wires, etc. Isn't the "brand" somewhat irrelevant? In essence I don't want to spend a crap ton of money.

Aren't they all essentially made of the same things? Relative to car speakers, which are all made of similar substances, wires, etc. Isn't the "brand" somewhat irrelevant? In essence I don't want to spend a crap ton of money.
Put this in the proper section, and no, speakers are not the same and neither are amps...at all.

Yeah and one of those 10$ chinese MP3 players is the same thing as an iPod, it'll perform the same and last just as long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

FYI, Boss amps were well made in the early 90's and there are still some new in box/old stock out there. If you're into eBay I'd suggest keeping an eye on JBL/Harmon Kardon/Infinity outlet store. They often auction refurb amps which can be had for fair prices if you snipe. Their products generally perform well and are reliable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JonP158

JonP158
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
hispls